2 Why This Policy Exists
3 Data Protection Law
5 Individual’s Rights
6 Data Use
7 Data Security
1 – INTRODUCTION
Influence-me.co.uk understands the value of your privacy, and will therefore only use the information you give us to process your order and provide a quick and convenient service to you in the future (in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 and General Data Protection Regulation 2018).
2 – WHY THIS POLICY EXISTS
This data protection policy ensures Influence Me Ltd;
• complies with
data protection law and follows good practice
• protects the rights of all individuals’ data
• is open about how it stores and processes individuals’ data in line with individuals’ rights
• protects itself from the risks of a data breach
3 – DATA PROTECTION LAW
The General Data Protection Regulations describe how organisations – including Influence Me Ltd must collect, handle and store personal information. These rules apply regardless of whether data is stored electronically or otherwise.
To comply with the law, personal information must be;
lawfully, fairly and in a transparent manner in relation to individuals;
• collected for specified, explicit and legitimate purposes and not further processed in a manner that is incompatible with those purposes; further processing for archiving purposes in the public interest, scientific or historical research purposes or statistical purposes shall not be considered to be incompatible with the initial purposes;
• adequate, relevant and limited to what is necessary in relation to the purposes for which they are processed;
• accurate and, where necessary, kept up to date; every reasonable step must be taken to ensure that personal data that are inaccurate, having regard to the purposes for which they are processed, are erased or rectified without delay;
• kept in a form which permits identification of data subjects for no longer than is necessary for the purposes for which the personal data are processed;
• processed in a manner that ensures appropriate security of the personal data, including protection against unauthorised or unlawful processing and against accidental loss, destruction or damage, using appropriate technical or organisational measures.
4 – RESPONSIBILITIES
Influence Me Ltd acts as a data Controller and data Processor. All staff are responsible for ensuring that the highest data standards and best practices are met on a continual basis. Although a Data Protection Officer (DPO) has not been appointed as Influence Me Ltd does not fall within the scope, the Directors and Owners of the Business are accountable and responsible for compliance with GDPR and will take on the tasks appointed to them as if they were a DPO.
In order to be in line with GDPR we will take the following responsive action, should a data breach occur:
• We will notify you via email
• Within 1 business day
• Inform the ICO of the data breach within 72 hours
5 – INDIVIDUAL’S RIGHTS
Under the GDPR your rights are as follows. You can read more about your rights in details here;
• the right to be informed;
• the right of access;
• the right to rectification;
• the right to erasure;
• the right to restrict processing;
• the right to data portability;
• the right to object; and
• the right not to be subject to automated decision-making including profiling.
• You also have the right to complain if you feel there is a problem with the way we are handling your data.
6 – DATA USAGE
For us to process your order, we will need to obtain:
Use of personal information
We use the information you provide for the following purposes:
• To build an email mailing list used to inform subscribers about products, services and/or news we supply/publish and details of offers and promotions which will be of interest providing that you have opted in to our email marketing
We collect your data when;
You subscribe to our mailing list via our site. Data collected at this point includes full name and email address. You can opt out at any point by visiting here.
What Data Do We Collect?
When subscribing to our mailing list, we store your name and email address.
When you subscribe to our mailing list via our website, you agree and consent to us sending you regular newsletters and relevant marketing. You can opt out at any point by visiting here.
7 – DATA SECURITY
How are your personal details kept secure?
When you type in your name, email and phone number and consent, our secure email marketing provider (MailChimp) ensures all details are uploaded safely and securely. MailChimp delivers billions of emails a month for millions of users. All data is processed across a number of secure data centres. Click here for more information on MailChimp Security procedures.
8 – COMPLAINTS
It is made clear that data subjects who wish to complain about how their personal data has been processed can raise this with Influence Me Ltd complaints procedure by using the details provided below. If the data subject is still not happy, then the complaint can be referred to the Information Commissioners Office.
Influence Me Ltd
Unit 19, Barrows Business Centre
Tel: +44 (0)7746813324